Friday, July 23, 2010

a river runs through it

NO pictures...which maybe for the best
  • went on a float trip with 2 brave friends and 4 kids
  • thankfully they were pros and knew my "oh we'll all stick together wouldn't work..i mean they came with sticks for moving themselves in the tube..such experts
  • the boys took off ahead of us latched together ..waiting on us slow pokes every now and then
  • liv laid back on her tube like a princess while Ginger navigated her through all the rocks and sticking places
  • Caleb sitting in my lap in stunned silence...not sure if he was relaxing or could believe his mother had him on a tube in a river...life jackets for all of course
  • AND then it started to rain.........hard.........and i heard thunder ..and i prayed....dear God , please don't let us die..I'm a terrible parent...trees on the banks ..no where to get out...Caleb with his hat pulled low buried his face on my shoulder and whimpered "home, home?, mommy?"
  • thankfully it stopped.....everyone commented on how good Caleb was....again I think he was in shock riding it out..every once and awhile he would say "home?" "we are almost done and the we'll cook hot dogs".."ok mommy"
  • it was fun ..would do it again
  • cook out at Anna Ruby with hot dogs...began to rain...so didn't get to do the fall hike.
  • my abs feeling like I was doing 100 crunches
  • my friends had a good time but was glad to go home to kid free house......I laughed..and took 4 kids home for baths and dinner....exhausted :)

No comments:

Post a Comment