Thursday, February 26, 2009

End of Feb. Activites

A friend asked about the blog which has prompted me to write (thanks J) ....apparently it's been 2 weeks....so much for weekly. Kids were out of school for President's Day on Mon. 16th. Zoey spent the night which involved 2 trips to the park. They had fun. I was getting dinner on the table ....felt like a waiter at Waffle House...and Zoey looked at me and said "REE =becca you are skating on thin ice" out of the blue...she cracks me up. They all listened well and went to sleep in the same room with no commotion. Coleman started baseball again...my dad played catch with him and was amazed at the difference in his skill in just a yr. Paul thought the same when he played catch on Sunday. Coleman has had more school work this week and has demonstrated a GREAT attitude (which he let me know "I"ve been having a good attitude lately, haven't I mommy?") He has had less play...which I wish they could get off the bus and play all afternoon but has been very mature about it. Also, he is back downstairs in his room...talking to us on the walkie-talkie. Coleman has a very tender heart. Walker was having a 2 yr. old moment and I had decided this was a battle I needed to address and win with him..(i'll get to that later) Walker was in trouble from both Paul and I and had been in time out 2x , sent to his room, and a swat on the bottom. Walker is in his room and we are all in the kitchen and Coleman is doing his homework and I notice he starts to cry. After repeatedly asking, he finally said "I feel sorry for Walker..I don't like for him to get in trouble.." He cried on/off....course we felt bad and told him that we didn't like getting on to Walker. Anyway, he's a sweet child.
Olivia....nothing major. She got to go to Morgan's and Bruester's ice cream last week which was a super treat for her. Had a b-day party at Ava's- saw a kangaroo, alligator, monkey...she had a great time, and had a playdate today with Ansley and Isabella. They did arts and crafts , imag. play Star Wars. She loves to to anything with arts/crafts...paint, jewels, making books. She really has wanted some Polly Pockets and she said I'll wait for my b-day (which is in August). For the past yr. , I've been encouraging the older 2 to save their $ for toys/things they want when it's not their b-day/christmas..which has worked out well for me at the store and begging for stuff. And, started with the 3 containers...10% giving, 10%savings, 80%keep/spend/live and tell them if you can get this down now you prob. won't have $ problems. Been trying to teach/exp lain that everything belongs to God, comes from God, so we need to make good choices with not only our $ , but our possessions, and time. Doing everything we do to honor God. The virtue for this month is wisdom...."knowing what is best when you are put to the test" so many things to teach and model..I hope I do a little of it well.....live it not just teach it. Ok, back to the story...all that to say I don't buy them extra stuff much. So I got her some Polly Pockets...her expression of pure excitement and unbelief was so worth it! I told her I wanted to surprise her and that I loved she was a part of our family and I appreciated her sweet spirit, helpfulness, and she doesn't ask for stuff constantly but most of all just b/c I love her. Well, the rest of the day..she told everyone and she glowed!
Walker.........is going thru a phase..have some "2 yr. old moments-" "Hush , Mommy" (in his deep voice-trying to be funny), "Shush dear". Visiting his boat at Target each week...we have to go by where it is and he remembers..."Dat's my boat..no one get it" He understands he has to wait until his b-day to get it. Little more sassy....telling me no, or I tell him he can do something he has asked for and he then says no or throws himself on the floor. He is repeating ANYTHING you say which has me trying not to slip up..even saying "crap"
Caleb is thinking he's rockin' the walking now. He "runs" now when I crawl after him "going to getcha". Several encounters with the toilet-enough said. Very into imitating..high squeal, we squeal, growling, lays his head on your shoulder so you'll blow on his neck, put his forehead/cheek on your lips so you'll kiss him.
Church last week was "he's got the whole world in his hands"....my summary was "america thinking"that God is only in the good and God must be not be involved when things go bad, but in the Bible God was definitely working in terrible situations...so as God followers can we believe that God is in it when He's not tangible or moving in a way we can see. Gave the ex. of the preacher -Otis Moss who grew up as an orphan, black in middle GA in the 1950's and experienced great prejudice but kept his faith.., worked with MLK Jr., and spoke with Andy standing in line at the National Prayer Service for Pres. Obama...said that ALL things work together for good to them that love God....but sometimes Rev.Stanley He takes longer than we'd like and Andy said a few min. later Pres. Obama came around the corner and embraced Otis Moss who had experiences the worse of American behav. to the 1st African American Pres. Andy said " I was a mess" so that helped me....that even though I feel that God cannot possible be in this b/c things seems bad...He is.

"

2 comments:

  1. wow! you went more in depth with this blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's been 2 wks.....I've got to do it more often..no it's not a novel...but it's down and that's all the matters.....

    ReplyDelete