Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine and Caleb's B-day

Theses are some of the things that I want to remember from Walker this week. At Barnes and Noble for story time sitting on that little bench paying so close attention to the story, singing and using hand motions with the songs, going up on stage when the woman asked for volunteers..looking at me for permission. Looking at the bucket of crayons spilled on the stage...saying "Dat's a BIG mess". Getting books off the shelf and saying "this is a GREAT book". He didn't understand why were leaving B&N without any books. Decided to go the library where he wanted to get his "big green tractor book" of course it was checked out and a very nice librarian man asked how we were and Walker told him "my tractor book gone..it's bye bye" so he helped us find some new tractor books and Walker held the books to his chest and very sincerely said "Tank you" He reminded me I didn't buckle him in. "Am I next" when I was changing Caleb's diaper . "my jammies are so soft in my hand" Putting his laundry up in his drawers happily and volunteering. Leaving playgroup at Maress' and saying "Walker had a great time" I love it he refers to himself in the 3rd person. " my hurt me" " Wivy (or Coleman ) bein' ugee to me or mean to me" Looking around the corner with Paul in the bathroom and telling him "good job, daddy" Saying "i'm mommy, you walker...get out of my bed " as I"m lying in bed and I told him to go wash my clothes and fix me something to eat and he switched back quickly.
Caleb turned 1 on the 13th....had nana, poppa, april , uncy, zoey, elyse, and kiddos over for pizza and cake....did some light decorations more for the older kids..my rule..you must know it's your b-day in order to get the full decoration treatment. Caleb dived into the cake after almost burning his hand. He's toddling around and babbling and loves to spit out his food all over..that's his latest trick
Went to the kid's valentine's parties...they are still so excited when I go to their class. Typical stuff..decorating cookies, making crafts.
I was having a stressful Mon. night....doing 2 homework activites in 2 different rooms, cooking dinner, tracking down a renegade 2 yr. old with a water bottle..I was wondering why everything was wet, cooking dinner (I'm using cook and dinner terms very loosely) , and dealing with a very grouchy, tired, hungry baby. I think Paul was working late. The baby was holding onto my pant leg screaming and and I placed him once again in the family room with toys and tried to get him interested and walked away...here he crawled after me until Olivia got his attention..and I looked in there b/c it was quiet and she was entertaining him and making him laugh...meanwhile Coleman had Walker in the other room playing with him...my stress level started going down. So, I went and got our special plate and put it on the table for Olivia and told her what a big help she was and I hadn't even asked her ..she had a helper's heart that night ...she was delighted and wanted to know when the plate would come down again..I prob. don't use it enough. Now there are plenty more times when I lose it, yell, or don't have patience and humble going to them and saying Sorry mommy wasn't patient and lost her "temperature" (liv's term) but it was a nice night. Played charades this week...kid's loved it. Olivia's was spider and everyone was guessing all around it when Walker jumped up and said "SPIDER"..we all started laughing....very funny to see me trying to act the Battle of Jericho.
Coleman telling us that he know what courage, leadership, and wisdom were in class...the teacher asked him how he knew these terms and he said my daddy "teached" me
Olivia still praying for G-ma Gallugher (who is dead) that she'll be good in heaven and not throw things at people.
I told myself in the hospital w/Caleb it was going to go quick ..but the newborn stage, feeding, sleepless night stretched out endlessly before me but here we are....a year later....I'm looking forward to much more sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment