Monday, August 23, 2010

first day

First day of school- nerves....spent the day before at school volunteering with PTO and the kids got to run around for about 3 hrs with their friends...what a difference a year makes :) Got up early to cook some sausage and biscuits. Dropped off the kids at elementary and I was a little teary watching them go in and head to pre-k with walker. I walked him in and he reached up and grabbed my hand and said " I feel a little shy" ..and then as we are walking in said "why do I have to go to school mommy"...bit the inside of my cheek so I wouldn't cry and also I had breezily told his teacher "no problem he's my 3rd" when she warned me about "no crying" He did fine and I watched him through the window..no tears from him...held it together until the car and cried all the way home and on/off during the day...watsa matta wid me! They all had a fab day...Coleman talked more than all the previous 4 yrs combined...he got a fab teacher Mr. G who he loves and is excited about, Olivia was mad b/c she had a homework page on the first day, and Walker ....loved it and when we prayed said he like school and on his fave thing of the day said "school" so yay for the first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment