Saturday, April 3, 2010

easter, painting toenails, pants on the ground







Don't know why this pic could make me cry.....

just want to freeze'em, their smells, chubby

arms, giggles, missing teeth, joy over simple things

ok, I'll stop there.

whew-love this one..could have 10 more

ok , maybe not..................



Fun at Nana and Poppa's House -love this girl- a very sweet spirit, thoughtful, she is a calm blesssing in our family-God know just what we needed in our family




-
Firebugs..thanks to Nana...started

when Coleman was 2


hilarity.......me trying to explain the crucifixtion/easter and not sound like a lunatic...somedays I wish I had gone to seminary for children..b/c I want to do the BEST job but I hear my words and it sounds like I'm saying "drink the Kool-aid", j/k

After painting Liv and Zoey's toenails for easter, I painted Caleb's toenails hot pink..he was just mesmerized sitting as close to me with his leg against mine and his little hand on my thigh while I'm trying to keep the girls' still and paint their toenails. He was not satisfied with the explanation of him not being a girl, and he wanted all of them painted not just his big toe....but I drew the line at his fingernails.


this one is all boy....but has a tenderheart to

others who need it and helpful to the younger

or less fortunate-thanks God


One of my children who will remain anonymous, got sent to the v-prin office for pulling his/her friends pants down while standing in line in the hallway(all the way down to the floor)....the excuse "well, he had pulled mine down twice ". "Child, do I really need to tell you that it's not approp. to pull someone's pants down at school?" "no, mom" " are you responsible for your decisions/behaviour?" "yes, mom" So he/she got 3 days in the "opportunity room" at lunch to have the opportunity to reflect on his /her actions. Ok, secretly I was laughing although wildy inapprop. it was...we've all gotten in trouble at school and I know which friend this was so it was just "boys being boys" or "girls being girls" But, seriously..."what were ya thinkin'?" On a positive note....the v.p (who I took the "opportunity" to introduce myself the next day on my volunteer day-nothing like a first time intro "hey i'm rebecca wendl...mom of coleman wendl..ya know..pants on the ground"..she didn't laugh. Although she complimented Coleman on his manners and said very few kids thank her but she showed him where the opportunity room was and he thanked her and used yes m'am so overall I was pleased...hopefully a character building lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment