Sunday, February 28, 2010

Coleman's B-day (late)

OOOPs.....this is out of order but wanted to say a little about Coleman's b-day. He is excited it is one more step b4 10 (as my heart contracts). We decorated the house a little the day b4 so when he came home from school he was excited and had his family party the night b4 so me (dumb me) didn't decorate anymore.....right? When he got up he rushed through the house and sadly looked at me and said it's the same?? I thought you decorated more ( which is the tradition...when they wake up the house is BlAM tacky bday decorations everywhere ) ....which I could have put up the crepe paper/ more balloons but said OH, I was gonna decorate more for you while u were at school so when you came home for your party you'd be super excited....so I did (guilty mom complex) and it looked like balloons and crepe paper threw up in my house and not only b/c my 3 yr old was yielding tape and a roll of crepe paper. Note to self....they do notice and don't think it's not a big deal next time. He got the special plate for his bday dinner ( which somehow observant Liv memory of elephant announces that SHE didn't get the special plate at her bday and WHy not.......really you didn't? hmmmm, well there is always next year and a reminder for mommy wouldn't hurt. ) We went around all said things we liked about/apprec about Coleman. I love the look on his face (and the other kids) when we do this.
Reading Sweet Liv's card
Several things were he is a great big brother, patient, kind, helps others if they are feeling left out, sticks up for people being picked on, artistic with drawing and clay, athletic, funny, great reader, makes the best mac/cheese sauce. great balance. awesome fort builder. makes me laugh. thoughtful. The boys built a fort, went to a movie, b-ball in the basement, slept in the fort (which apparently was the coolest thing) stayed up till 2......I think since I went to sleep at 12:30~yawn. The last thing that struck terror in my heart..someone asked me a question and I said "oh in 10 yrs maybe we'll do that" and Coleman piped up and said "but mom, I"ll be in college"...fear and tears is all i can say. Happy 9th Bday to my first born...sorry for all the mistakes but love you and pray that you will grow continually with your Heavenly Father and have a desire to know Him, Godly wisdom as you begin making decisions, spirit of excellence, humility, discernment from good/evil, respect for authority, have outstanding character, and that He surrounds you with wise, encouraging friends. Wheww.....now to pray those things for me

No comments:

Post a Comment