Thursday, February 18, 2010

valentine's day

I love all things holiday....esp with the kids. My mom was laughing that I decorated for V day soon after Christmas decorations came down. I love the kids get excited and we discuss the holiday. My friend came over and said "You sure like decorating for Vday" Yes, window clings, doormats, love and v-day signs, table decoration, heart shaped food for breakfast and for the kids' lunches at school all makes me happy. So in my effort to have a little teaching, Bible study life lesson with the kids we were discussing 1 cor 13 and how difficult it is to love fully with patience, kindness etc and love is choice sometimes that we do even though we don't feel like it..meanwhile Walker is making his faces, antsing around on the bed and I was fed up with behaviour and many warnings and to his surprise flicked him on the head (not in love :) ) Liv later on said, "geez, mom you might have had more patience with Walker to show love" So , I had to admit to her and apologize to Walker that he needed to have self control but I should have demon discipline with love and not in my frustration to have a teaching moment. Of course, did the extra decorations for actual Valentine's Day and their faces are so shiny and excited when they see it. I wrote in their cards this year and it seemed a touch Liv liked...she read hers and smiled and read the younger boys their cards. And, they got a kick out of doughnuts and candy for bfast although the mom healthy gene twitched a little inside me I think they will remember eating candy vs eating heathy that morning. :) They are healthy, happy, and safe....and loved

2 comments: