Thursday, February 18, 2010

st george island part 1

Packing for a trip for a week at the beach (well to anywhere) for 4 kids is a practice in psychic ability of what they might possibly need since there isn't a Wal-mart for 2 hrs. I've become the person who needs some huge plastic thing that attaches to the top/back of the mini-van to fit all our stuff. Thankfully, my mom/dad had extra space in their mini-van. We had a snowstorm hit north Georgia on Fri Feb 12th which cut into my errands/packing by 3pm the snow was coming down in huge flakes, yards were covered, and the roads were getting slick. We (mom, me, aunt cathy) parked at the top of my hill and I cautiously walked down the hill to get my dad and pack my stuff for a sleepover at my moms. Which was a fun idea but I had loads to accomplish Friday from errands, finishing all my work, packing at my house but the lure of a fire, snowed in with my family won out. Our eating out turned into a quick drive thru Taco Bell. My parents live on a narrow road with a one lane wooden bridge so helped my Dad sand the driveway and curled up to watch the Olympics. Time well spent esp with my Aunt Cathy visiting.

1 comment: